Friday 19 February 2016

Iceland


Can't go to Auntie's house empty handed
I know - another trip, right?  
See what happens when  you begin to take the first step. There is so much to explore,see and do in this big wide world.
When my aunt from Calgary found out that I had come out of the closet and was in for another adventure she invited to come along with her to Iceland.  Wow!!!!!!!
Iceland is way  up there, near Greenland.





Icelandair - another pretty plane!

I thought it would be really cold due to the name ICE-land, but all those hot springs really made the transition from the DR easier and it was warmer there than in Canada.  Well, a bit windy on my first day.  Auntie wanted me to toughen up a bit.  So I was brave!









Cruising the Island and seeing the sites.  Waffles were nummy but the getting too close to the sword was scary!

I flew from Calgary to Edmonton, then direct to Reykjavik. Good thing I am a cat who loves water as Iceland is a swimming culture, with the island being full of geothermal pools. They say there is almost one pool per person in the country.

As a cat, I enjoyed the Iceland cuisine of fish and yogurt (skyr).

I toured the art and photography galleries, whale museum, local sites and sculptures. Very enjoyable travel destination!


Iceland is also known for its Aurora Borealis (brush strokes of colour in the night sky).
I guess that is what inspired Icelandair to paint their plane in pretty colours.

                               

Next stop is Calgary to spend time with my cousin Calais. Can hardly wait its been so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment